According to the Farmer’s Almanac “Winter is coming, and it’s going to be as bitterly cold and snowy as last year’s.” That chilling forecast is in the 2015 edition of the Farmers’ Almanac, which goes on sale this week. Published since 1818, the Farmers’ Almanac proudly says their accuracy is about 80% correct. They base their forecasts on things like sunspots, tidal action, and planetary positions.
If their chilling forecast is right — are you prepared? I remember those 30 below zero days and how many people were without heat. It was very hard on some families and all the HVAC companies were covered up trying to get to everyone quickly.
Are you sure that your heating system get you through another hard winter? If not, now is the time to get it repaired or replaced.
We have many great options to consider to improve your home heating system :
- Zoning: add another thermostat & a 2nd zone to make sure that a cold area like a lower floor bedroom receives enough heat supply through the ducts to stay warm
- Mini-Split: if there is no ductwork to an area, you can quickly add heat to that location without adding duct work; this is an easy and efficient upgrade.
- Heat Pumps: current heat pumps provide about 3 times the efficiency of other types of heating because they don’t burn any fuel. Since they simply transfer heat from one location to another, they are environmentally friendly and very quiet.
- Hi-Efficiency Furnaces and Hybrids: Our newest Bryant furnaces are over 98% efficient, contain variable speed motors and are extremely dependable.
- Radiant Heating: Heat your floors with electricity or hot water and feel the warmth come up through your whole body. What a great feeling for cold bathrooms or other areas.
- Tankless Water Heater: If your tank water heater is getting old, replace it before it fails with a new tankless system. Never worry about running out of water and save money on your utility bill.
TA Kaiser has been a family-owned and operated business since 1987. Our goals are to make you feel as comfortable as possible in your home or business so you can focus on what is important to you, and to be the trusted source for all your heating and cooling needs. Don’t wait until the cold weather hits - contact us today and let us discuss options with you. You’ll be glad you did!